Pages

Subscribe:

mercredi 5 octobre 2011

Berbatov happy at United



Dimitar Berbatov has told Paddy Crerand in an exclusive MUTV interview that he loves playing for United.
The Bulgarian star is proud to represent the champions and, in a revealing chat with the Reds legend, recalled his joy at learning of the club's interest in his signature. Despite a late bid from City, and rumours of a more lucrative offer, the then-Spurs striker joined United on deadline day in 2008 and, of course, was joint-winner of the Golden Boot last term.


"My mind was always set on joining Manchester United," he told Crerand. "How can you not go to United? I don't play for money. I play for glory and winning championships.
"I'm happy here. My family is together in Manchester. I hear people complain about the weather, there's nothing to do and the food. But, for me, it's not like that. I play for a club I love, the biggest club, and everything else doesn't matter."





Reflecting on United's initial interest in signing him from Tottenham, the 30-year-old was contacted by his agent Emil Danchev.
"He called me to say we have interest from Manchester United," added Berbatov. "I said: 'Don't joke with me' but he said he was serious. So I was speechless. When the biggest club contact you, it's a big deal for me coming from a small country like Bulgaria."
Watch the full episode of Paddy meets Berbatov on MUTV at 9pm on Tuesday


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire