Pages

Subscribe:

mercredi 5 octobre 2011

Welbeck: Pair me with Wayne




Danny Welbeck hopes to recreate his club partnership with Wayne Rooney at international level for England on Friday.
Fabio Capello's team head to Montenegro knowing a point will clinch top place in the group and guarantee qualification for the Euro 2012 finals.


Welbeck, 20, was put in front of the media to increase speculation he could make his first start for the Three Lions after injury prevented him from adding to his solitary cap during the last international break.
When asked if he'd like to play with Rooney in Podgorica, the United striker replied: "I don’t see why not, we know each other’s games because we’ve been training together for a couple of years now so I think it would work.

"He’s been on fire since the start of the season, scoring and creating goals and he’s been a great team player as well. Just to be playing and training with him every day is a bonus so I want to learn from him and pick up as much as I can.


"He’s a great guy to go to for advice and is always talking to you during games and training so it’s very beneficial for me."


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire